UVC radiation has been used as a disinfection method for over a hundred years. A number of studies underscore the effectiveness of this method.
- Inactivation of 97 per cent of bacteria cells in air filters after 60 -minutes of application.
- Inactivation of 90 per cent of Aspergillus flavus and Aspergillus fumigatus spores in roomspace air.
- Inactivation of 90 per cent of the virus phylums through UVC-surface disinfection.
- Significant reduction of the potential for aerogene infections with the Vaccinia virus through use of UVC-air disinfection.
- Significant reduction (3.1-fold) of postoperative infections under UV-exposure in orthopaedic surgery over an observation period of 19 years.
- Complaints of the respiratory organs and the mechanical equipment to check-up on microorganisms